eduTrac SIS 6.2.0 release candidate number one is available for download and testing. This is not production ready, but it gives people a chance to install, test it out, and report any bugs that may be found before the official release in January. If you are interested in testing it out and help make it bug free before the release, the download link is at the end of this article.
This release fixes a few bugs, but the significant changes and updates won’t necessarily be obvious to an end user. Below are the changes, updates, additions you will find in this release candidate as well as the announcement about the new codex.
- New Wiki section of the User’s Manual. The wiki is a work in progress as well as an attempt to fully document the functions, action hooks, filter hooks and give examples on how to use them. This wiki also documents where the action and filter hooks can be found. This should better help developers figure out what is filterable or actionable and where.
- Better error logging so that it is easier to determine what the issues are (still a work in progress.)
- Fixed issue with eligible_to_graduate option on the SACP screen. Now it is a dropdown.
- Moved the admin bar to a file and made it filterable. Check out the new admin bar plugin and take it for a spin.
- Added more options to the sidebar menu.
- Fixed some filter hooks that were improperly named or misspelled.
- Now plugins will throw an error and not activate if there is something wrong with the file or if it was improperly coded or named.
- Plugin developers can now add admin notices to their plugins using the dashboard_admin_notices hook.
- Deprecated the old Cron library.
- Super administrator can grade course on a faculty member’s behalf.
- Deprecated the old Gettext library.
- Added new Object Cache library.
- A host of other changes, updates, and additions. Most of which you can read about on the Wiki.
Download: eduTrac-SIS.6.2.0.RC1.zip – 25 MB