Recording payments is only available through the purchase of the financial module. The Add Payment screen allows you to record student payments that will show up on the student’s bill and account history.
When payment’s are recorded, the payment is added to the payment database table.
Below is a description of each field on the Add Payment screen.
- Student ID – Enter the ID of the student you are recording a payment for. When you enter the student’s ID, if the ID is an actual ID of a student, then the student’s name will populate below when you go to the next field.
- Term – Choose the term for which this payment should be credited.
- Payment – Enter the dollar amount of the payment. Omit the dollar sign when entering payment.
- Payment Type – Choose how this payment was made.
- Check Number – Enter check number is the student paying by check.
- Comment – Enter any necessary comments and timestamp them. These are only seen by staff members who have access and can be important when investigating issues.
Once you have entered all the required information, click the submit button and the payment will be added to the database if there were no issues.