Classroom scheduling allows you to schedule classroom space for your course sections. This information will also be available for the student as well as the faculty timeline. When viewing a course section, you will see Booking Info (see figure 1) at the bottom right of the screen.
Click on it and it will take you to the classroom booking form. When scheduling classroom space, it is always wise to click “Check Availability” in order to make sure there are no conflicts or overlaps in time. If there are any scheduling conflicts, they will appear above the form after you click “Check Availability”.
Above is the screenshot (figure 2) of the booking form. Below is an explanation of the form fields.
- This is the classroom you are scheduling the course into. This is pulled from the “Offering Info” screen of the course section.
- Day(s) the course is meeting; pulled from “Offering Info” for your convenience without going between screens for the info.
- Time the course meets; pulled from “Offering Info” for your convenience without going between screens for the info.
- Term dates are shown for your convenience so that you can make sure your “First Day” and “Last Day” fall within those dates.
- If the course meets more than once a week, then you will need to submit this form for each day that it meets. If your course is meeting on Tuesday and Thursday, then the first time you submit the form, choose the first Tuesday that the class will meet. Repeat this for your Thursday meeting.
- Keeping with the Tuesday and Thursday example above, you should choose the last Tuesday that the class will meet. Repeat this for the Thursday meeting.
- Choose the start time in which the class meets.
- Choose the end time in which the class ends.
- If the course meets more than once, then check this box.
- If the course meets more than once, then check the duration.
Once you submit the form for the day(s) the class will be meeting, the form will refresh and below the form will be the parent event(s) followed by the children.