Sometimes you may find yourself in a situation where you need to cancel course sections because it was created incorrectly, there were other changes, or the course does not have enough students registered. When canceling a course section, there are some questions to keep in mind:
- Are students registered into the course section or not?
- Is the section being cancelled before the start term date or after?
If you are canceling a course section with not students registered, then canceling the course section takes not extra thought or planning. Otherwise, you may need to take the following scenarios into account.
If you are canceling a course section before the start term date, then the following will occur:
- Student Course Sec record will be deleted
- Student Acad Cred Record will be deleted
If you are canceling a course section after the start term date, then the following will occur:
- Student Course Sec record will carry a `C` status