Yes. Super admin means that a person has full reign over the system. She can do everything including the update of settings. Roles have permissions and a user will inherit those permissions to do certain actions in the system. Roles are not necessary the same as function. If she is allowed to do everything in the system, then she should have the system admin role even though she “functions” as a faculty member. If she is to function as a faculty member only and only have certain permissions as a faculty, then a faculty role should be given to her with faculty only permissions or some other customized role.
- You have role/permission conflicts. If she is a super admin, then the other roles are in the way.
- You shouldn’t even be able to see a link to this option if the Saved Query module is not installed. If that is the case, this needs to be fixed. Once you install the Saved Query module, then you should be able to visit this option.
- Applications are a culmination of person, address, and application tables. If you visit the application screen (Screens > Application > Application OR enter APPL in search field in the admin bar and click enter), then search by ID or last name, under Actions, you will see the option to create a student record. After creating a student record for Ms. Dwyer, then you will be able to register her into courses. You should probably read through this document: Getting Started and look especially at the Person Management section.
A couple of things I am experiencing:
- I assigned the user Roxanne Dwyer to “Super Administrator” but when she goes into billing tables shes unable to add anything its grayed out. When I login under “admin” am able to access the billing tables and even add to them.
- Every time we go to the batch registration option it just goes to a HTTP 500 error
- We created a new student in EduTracSIS (ID # 31 Christina Dwyer) and created an application for her after creating her as a person. When doing the single registration we type in her ID # but it only brings up a comma and not the name and we are unable to register for a course. Somehow we were thinking that the application should show to us to approve but we cannot even access the submitted application for her.
- Where do the applications go once one is submitted?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.